One thing that I have observed, is there are too many unhappy or pretend-to-be happy people. How did I come about this observation? I see a lot of people hiding behind their PCs and phones insulting and bullying others especially celebrities in a bid to make themselves happy or feel powerful I don’t know! All I see are sad people who want to elevate their happiness by bringing down the happiness of others.
On the other hand, I see a lot of celebrities putting up a make believe happiness, flaunting wealth and luxuries. However, I observed one thing; they never flaunt the true elements that make up happiness for example; a real relationship or a good and almost drama-free marriage. I wonder how one can be happy when you are married a monster that is violating you, yet you keep posting cars and bags and the rest.
Let me share my personal experience in the hands of unhappiness. I used to wake up sad for no reason. Instead of me to brighten it up or change, I’d just tell myself “oh well, it’s another day maybe tomorrow will be better” I say this around 5:00am in the morning o. I realized that all this negativity and sadness was taking a toll on me; I became temperamental and as a result, had issues with everyone including my roommate. I treated her so badly that it took the grace of God for her to forgive me after a long time. This was my life for almost 6 years. Not even my fat bank account could make me happy.
The day I realized that I could no longer do it- that I could no longer be slave to sadness, I decided to change my orientation entirely. It is not easy but you can choose to believe what you want to believe and most importantly making sure you have closure.
Nowadays, even with little or next to nothing in my account, I am still happy and very hopeful and everything looks beautiful. I wake up happy and find myself always laughing and deriving jokes from everything. I felt brand new (tear rubber). I am just more beautiful and more approachable. Things are working out well.
In all of this, there are certain elements which constitute genuine happiness and helped me come out of that slump.
- Happiness is a state of mind and not a situation of things.
- You have to give yourself credit for the progress you are making. Be happy not because everything is good but because you can see good in everything. Stop stressing over how far you have to go, instead take a good look at how far you have come. Encourage yourself.
- Appreciate the little things. You are blessed more than you realize.
- Let go of what you cannot change.
- Don’t count the days, make the days count.
- Happiness dwells from within, if you think you are sad, you will be sad.
- Live a life you are proud of.
- Overthinking kills happiness. It creates fears and problems that don’t exist.
- Insecurities kill self esteem
- Always ignore the ones who talk behind your back. They belong there …. Behind your back.
Most importantly HAPPINESS MUST BE A LIFESTYLE…